Emacs CVS package

Hello all,

I'm just poking around to see what I could do to be useful to the Debian
project, I thought it would be nice if someone (ie: me) could package Emacs
CVS.

I've been using Emacs CVS it for a while and it's pretty stable but the
integration of a source Emacs into a running Debian system is a pain in the
*** as seen on this page:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EmacsCvsAndDebian

I don't know how Debian views packages based on CVS versions of software.
I've read some FAQs but not everything a newcomer should read yet.  But I'm
pretty sure there is a demand for CVS packages despite their potential
instability.

Any take on this?

François-Denis Gonthier