Splitting package

Hello,

I am currently the maintainer (non-DD) of tex4ht. This package consists of
only two (!) compiled executables and a large number of Arch: all files.

At least in etch I would like to split this package as suggested in best
packaging practice (Debian Ref). But that location gives hints about new
packages but not about how to handle the upgrade issues. Any place where
I can find some hints on that? Or anyone with prior experience on this
who has the time to drop me some hints? All suggestions accepted
gratefully :-)

Thanks in advance,

Kapil.