Re: RFC: cycle (calendar program for women, written in python)

Miriam Ruiz wrote:
--- Adeodato Simó <asp16@alu.ua.es> wrote:

 Still, is a warning. Miriam, perhaps you should
ask upstream to change
 0x950412de to 0x950412deL or similar.

Yes, I'm concerned about it even when it's a warning.
I've sent an email upstream this morning commenting
that problem (and also sending an Spanish translation)
and as soon as I have an answer I'll do that :)

The constants look like they're meant to be assigned to unsigned ints, not to unsigned longs. They might even be intended to be assigned to just any int, so they don't care about the sign. Just making it a long might remove the warning, but it can very well not be the Right Thing(tm) to do. I'd check the code (I didn't) to see what the constants are supposed to mean, and change the variable or force them to be unsigned or something.

This warning looks like it's meant to warn you against data loss by having a constant which doesn't fit in the type. Only make the constant a long if you are indeed storing it in a long variable.

Thanks,
Bas