Re: main, contrib, non-free

Gerber van der Graaf wrote:

I recently uploaded some packages (Libgpiv_0.3.1, Gpivtools_0.3.1 and
Gpiv_0.2.1) to mentors.debian.net with dupload. It seemed that
everything went fine. But to me surprise they have been put in the
contrib repository, instead of main. How is the choice of repository
controlled, automatically or by human intervention? As far as I do know,
and which is also the intention, this software and all libraries it
depends on is free and resident in the main repository. So it should be
put in main, not?

Will it affect the RFC process? If, so, may these packages be moved or
re-uploaded to main?

Thanks, Gerber

As near as I can tell this is simply a quirk of the site. If your .changes file does not say contrib or non-free, then it will not end up there once it hits the official archives. Don't worry about where it ends up in m.d.n, as long as the packages can be retrieved.