Re: RFC: cycle (calendar program for women, written in python)

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 10:53:18AM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es> wrote:
>
> > 1) I'm putting python files in /usr/share/cycle/, is
> > this right or should they go into /usr/lib/cycle/ or
> > something like that?
>
> Have you read the python policy at
>
> file:///usr/share/doc/python/python-policy.html/index.html
>
> I didn't read it, only shortly skimmed through it, and it seems to
> suggest /usr/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages/

This is for python modules that you want to be imported from other
modules/application. For standalone application, the policy says that
/usr/share/appname or /usr/lib/appname is fine (depending on the
presence of C coded extension modules)

http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/ch-programs.html#s-current_version_progs

--
Alexandre Fayolle                              LOGILAB, Paris (France).