Re: new debian package

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 05:27:40PM -0400, Albert Huang wrote:
> My research group has a project that we believe could be useful to a few
> people, and thought about distributing it through the debian
> repositories.  It seems like it could be a fair amount of trouble for us
> to do, though, so I'm in part writing to ask if we should just continue
> distributing it on our own.  I saw a note in the debian new maintainers'
> guide to email this list, so here I am.
>
> Project Description:  PyBlueZ
>     PyBluez is an effort to create python wrappers around BlueZ to allow
>     python developers to use system bluetooth resources.  A simplified
>     API allows for rapid bluetooth application prototyping and
>     development.  PyBlueZ has been used for several research projects at
>     MIT.
>
>     http://org.csail.mit.edu/pybluez/

That seems like a reasonable package to go into Debian.  If you're not keen
on keeping up with the maintenance of the package within Debian (which isn't
going to be much more than what you'd do if you maintain the packages
yourself outside Debian, anyway), then you can request someone else to
maintain it, by filing a RFP (Request For Packaging).  Details at
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

- Matt