Re: Makefile modification

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 01:13:15PM +0200, Charles Majola wrote:
> Is editing upstream's makefile ok? the package doesn't use autoconf, it
> just has a makefile with install and clean targets.
>
> I need it to install the python files it contains in a diff directory,
> not the one in the makefile(its hardcoded)
> should I edit the makefile or move the files during installation ?

Both ways are correct. I usually move needed files using dh_install.
You can however patch upstream's makefile.

In fact if you want you can rewrite building infrastructure from scratch ;)
But maybe asking upstream to make modifications you need would be the
easiest way.

Just make sure you don't change .orig.tar.gz file. Leave your changes in
.diff.gz.

regards
fEnIo

--
  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Poland