Re: re generate a "rules" file

Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
Hello.
I did not make a backup copy of my "rules" file, and I edited it like a
pig.
I would like to do it again but with a clean "rules" file.

Have you generated a package yet? If so, you will find it inside the
<package-version>.diff.gz file.

If you don't have diff.gz file, it's because you made a native package,
i.e. the debian/ directory is directly into the upstream tarball.
Natives packages are special cases to me and the regular packager won't
need it. A regular software package should have its Debian packages keep
separated. To do so, use a tarball without the debian/ directory in it
and name it with a .orig.tar.gz extension.

I would like to re-generate the "rules" file. How to?

Probably by using dh_make as you may have done the first time.

If you are confident with source versioning, consider using one of the
cvs-buildpackage, or svn-, or tla-. I use the latter and couldn't work
without it now!

--
Hervé Cauwelier
http://www.oursours.net/