Re: fetch souce packages

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 03:20:43AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> "Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina" <mihamina@mail.rktmb.org> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> > I have a sparc box
> > I want to recompile some packages only available for x86 to make
> > packages for sparc.
> > If I just try to fetch the source package with 'apt-get source
> > package_name' from the sparc it doesn't work, because the package is not
> > available for sparc.
> > Is the only solution to go to packages.debian.org and manually fetch the
> > sources for x86?
>
> Use the source name, even though I think it should even work with the
> binary name.

Binary names only work if there is a binary package available (Because only
then apt can lookup which source package it needs in its package lists)..
Source names obviously always work if you have src entries :)

What makes me wonder more is what package is usefull on sparc, but not available
as a binary package for it..

  Sjoerd
--
If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
		-- Roy Santoro