Re: fetch souce packages

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 01:58:57AM +0100, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
> I have a sparc box
> I want to recompile some packages only available for x86 to make
> packages for sparc.
> If I just try to fetch the source package with 'apt-get source
> package_name' from the sparc it doesn't work, because the package is not
> available for sparc.

Are you sure that is the reason why it isn't working?  From recollection,
source package info is found in the Sources list, rather than the Packages
list, so the fact that a package isn't available for your architecture
shouldn't preclude it from being listed in the Sources file (of which there
is only one across all architectures).

I suspect your problem may be that you don't have any applicable apt-src
lines in your sources.list.

- Matt
Who has never played with anything other than x86, so might be totally wrong
about everything given above