Re: Closing bugs

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 08:19:21PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > I've packaged gaim-extendedprefs and closed the ITP bug in revision
> > 3 but my sponsors upload was not accepted by katie due to a missing
> > .orig.tar.gz. On request of my sponsor I'm making some changes to
> > the package, and I'm wondering if I have to close the ITP again in
> > the changelog for revision 4? I'm not sure if the bugs closed in
> > revisions not accepted, will be closed when closed when a new
> > revision is accepted.
> I believe the bug will not be closed unless you mention it again.  But
> I don't know if it makes sense to do so.  Look at the .changes file to
> see if it has Closes: #N to tell.  Seems like it would be best to
> leave the changelog as is, and just send a message to N-done@b.d.o to
> close.

Blah... and what about -v switch for dpkg-buildpackage?

Arjan don't close ITP again in your changelog. Just make sure to build it
so two entries will be considered as new one.

Also you *have to* tell it to your sponsor.
Just tell him to use `dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -v1.2.3-4` or something
like that. Please read `man dpkg-buildpackage`.

regards
fEnIo

--
  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Poland