RFS: libcgi-simple-perl -- simple totally OO CGI interface that is CGI.pm compliant

Hi,
I'm looking for a sponsor for my package of CGI::Simple.  I have filed
an ITP[1] and my current package is lintian and linda clean.
CGI::Simple is a solid refactoring of the CGI.pm core mo dual[2].  It
has much cleaner code, a CGI.pm compliant interface, adds a couple cgi
methods, and removes the extraneous html methods that don't belong in
the module.  Ovid of Perl Monks give it a very good review at [3] and a
good comparison of the module vs. CGI.pm can be found at [4].

The package can be found either at [5] or in the mentors repository.

Thanks,
- -- Chris Sacca

[2] http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=145432
[3] http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=264710
[4] http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=145790
[5] http://csacca.thecsl.org/debian/libcgi-simple-perl/

- -----

* Package name    : libcgi-simple-perl
~  Version         : 0.077
~  Upstream Author : Dr James Freeman <jfreeman@tassie.net.au>
* URL             : http://search.cpan.org/~jfreeman/Cgi-Simple-0.077/
* License         : Perl Artistic License
~  Description     : simple totally OO CGI interface that is CGI.pm
compliant

CGI::Simple provides a relatively lightweight drop in replacement for
CGI.pm. It shares an identical OO interface to CGI.pm for parameter
parsing, file upload, cookie handling and header generation. This module
is entirely object oriented, however a complete functional interface is
available by using the CGI::Simple::Standard module.

Essentially everything in CGI.pm that relates to the CGI (not HTML) side
of things is available. There are even a few new methods and additions
to old ones! If you are interested in what has gone on under the hood
see the Compatibility with CGI.pm section at the end.

In practical testing this module loads and runs about twice as fast as
CGI.pm depending on the precise task

Homepage: http://search.cpan.org/~jfreeman/Cgi-Simple-0.077/

- -----

Changes:
~ libcgi-simple-perl (0.077-1) unstable; urgency=low
~ .
~   * Initial Release.
~     Closes: #296357