Re: Looking for an advocate

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 05:28:21PM +0100, Martin Theiss wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 11:42:44AM +0100, Martin Theiss wrote:
> > > my name is Martin Theiss and I am looking for an advocate who will guide me
> > > through the new maintainer process.
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html
> >
> > You don't ask random people off the street to advocate you.
>
> Then I have to excuse my first step. Is this FAQ linked somewhere on nm.d.o?

Yes, it's linked from the New Maintainer's Corner, "You should read the list
archives and the list's FAQ to familiarize you with the sponsorship
system.".  "list's FAQ" is a hyperlink to the FAQ.

> I thought it would be a good point to get in contact with a few more
> developers.

Certainly.  But an advocate is a specific individual who stands on your
behalf at the initial stages of NM.  Contact with developers is just talking
on lists, IRC, real life, etc.

- Matt