Re: maint-guide update: final confirmation before upload

Yooseong Yang <yooseong@debian.org> schrieb am 14.02.05 01:28:46:

> On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 11:45:47PM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 10:44:31PM +0100, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > > Also last minutes check whether we can enable Korean PDF/PS?  (Jens?
> > > Any good idea?)
> >
> > Korean works nice (but not perfect since English strings such as
> > "Chapter" are still used) using fixlatex from DDP.
>
> First I got impressed with apt-howto.ko.pdf. When it comes to parse
> sgml in korean, the job is not trivial because it requires three or
> more steps to parse and get done.

Really?
I know that LaTeX needs always a few steps to generate and
embed further data, such as table of content, ...
Is this diffferent for Korean?

> What means "works nice"? I can't read korean in
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/apt-howto.ko.pdf.

Works nice means, that I'm able to create a proper Korean PDF
document in a Woody and Sarge distribution using latest
debiandoc-sgml package (not yet in Sid, we prepare an upload).

The specified file on w.d.o seems to be no valid PDF file!

> You mean parsing is successful?

Yes.

> Is this font problem sort of?

I don't know. I installed a clean Woody distribution to test this, added
debiandoc-sgml and a few dependencies (plus aptitude, ...) and it
works out of the box!

What's wrong with www.debian.org's version? I forced already a rebuild,
asked to verify that the dependencies (hlatex, hlatex-fonts-base) are
installed (I think this was done by Matt).

What else can we do?
Delete created (pk font?) files somewhere in /var/cache/texmf?
Does the LaTeX log file apt-howto.ko.log contain any errors (too small
pool size, ...)?

I don't know.

PS: Please note that the patch I created in one of my last mails
contains also diffs against generated files. To apply it cleanly
you need to build debiandoc-sgml first to create these files,
or delete a few stancas in the patch.

PS2: debiandoc-sgml is now an Alioth project.

Jens