freeswan transition package

Hi all,

[Please CC me in replies, I am not subscribed to this list.]

I am seeking advice for creating a transition package for freeswan, which
should:
- install the openswan package
- use the config files from the old freeswan package for openswan
- use the debconf answers of the old freeswan package for openswan

I have tried to RTFM, but not found a "HOWTO make a good transition package"
somewhere, especially w.r.t. handling the config file problem. The config
files are - before the installation of the transition package - associated to
the freeswan package and should - after the installation of the freeswan
transition package - be assigned to openswan. What is the best way to achieve
this?

with best regards,
Rene