Re: RFS: irssistats

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 02:22:16AM +0100, Antoine Jacquet wrote:
> Hello again,

Hello.

> I am also looking for a sponsor for the following package :
>
> Package: irssistats
> Licence: GPL

Try to avoid starting description with capital letter. Also "this" is
unneeded there. Maybe something like:

But I'm not native English speaker so this could be wrong ;)

> ~ irssistats is a tool that make HTML stats from irssi logfiles.
> ~ The statistics generated display many useful and funny informations
> ~ about the channel.

[...]

> Thank you for your help and best regards,

I took a look at the package and first obvious mistake is to make it as
native package. You should prepare .orig.tar.gz file and .diff.gz with your
debian/ subdirectory. Otherwise every simple change in packaging scripts
will lead to new upload of sources.

Also you didn't fill ITP (intend to package) bugreport.
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/
Then please close it with changelog entry.

regards
fEnIo
--
  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska