Re: RFS: irssistats

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 02:22:16AM +0100, Antoine Jacquet wrote:
> Hello again,

> I am also looking for a sponsor for the following package :
> Package: irssistats
> Licence: GPL

Try to avoid starting description with capital letter. Also "this" is
unneeded there. Maybe something like:

But I'm not native English speaker so this could be wrong ;)

> ~ irssistats is a tool that make HTML stats from irssi logfiles.
> ~ The statistics generated display many useful and funny informations
> ~ about the channel.

> Thank you for your help and best regards,

I took a look at the package and first obvious mistake is to make it as
native package. You should prepare .orig.tar.gz file and .diff.gz with your
debian/ subdirectory. Otherwise every simple change in packaging scripts
will lead to new upload of sources.

Also you didn't fill ITP (intend to package) bugreport.
Then please close it with changelog entry.

  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska
 `. `'           phone:+48602383548 | proud Debian maintainer and user
   `-          http://skawina.eu.org | JID:fenio@jabber.org | RLU:172001