Re: [Pkg-alsa-devel] RFS: alsa-tools

Walter Landry <wlandry@ucsd.edu> schrieb:

> "Marco d'Itri" <md@Linux.IT> wrote:
>> mikaelmagnusson@glocalnet.net wrote:
>>
>> >Do we have to split the alsa-tools source into two packages, one free
>> >and one non-free/contrib? It will make it a bit harder.
>> No.
>
> Unfortunately, that is not the case.  All of the source for packages
> in main must satisfy the DFSG.  For example, if there are some
> non-free, but distributable, files in the original tar ball, those
> have to be taken out and a new "original" tar ball made.

I don't have the original mails at hand, but IIRC the problem was that
some parts of the package _depend_ on something in non-free. In this
case, the split-off binary package would go to contrib, and the sources
can stay in main. If an upstream tarball contains code that is only
needed for compiling on M$ Windows, but is itself free, it can stay in
main as well.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster