Re: New to the packaging thing... :)

Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior wrote on 26/01/2005 21:27:
http://couve.no-ip.org/~coredump/packages/ps2client/

Already looks pretty good. A few notes however:

1) debian/copyright
   Please list the full URL to the upstream homepage. Though
   I have not checked it, I assume that ps2dev.org contains
   more than just the ps2client project.
   The text ofthe original license which you quoted is relatively
   hard to read. Please reformat it properly (the asterisks are
   superfluous) and make sure the lines are indented properly.
2) Remove unneeded dh_* calls from debian/rules as well as instructive
   comments left behind when you called dh_make to create the
   templates.
3) debian/control: Current Standards-Version is 3.6.1.1, you should
   state that version in there (and follow it, obviously).
   Also, you should IMHO say what ps2link/ps2netfs do in the long
   description.
4) If you wrote the manpage in debian/ps2client.1, you should IMHO
   put _your_ name in there (the TH part) but still list Dan Peori
   in the AUTHOR section.

Nothing really important, your package definately seems to be in good shape. I'm no DD though, so even if I wanted (i.e. if I had a PS2), I can't sponsor your package.

cu,
sven