Re: Not a valid DEB package error

În data de Ma, 25-01-2005 la 16:34 +0100, Andreas Barth a scris:
> * Mugurel Tudor (mugurelu@go.ro) [050125 16:20]:
> > În data de Ma, 25-01-2005 la 16:57 +0200, Mugurel Tudor a scris:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I created some DEB packages, and everything is OK with one exception:
> > > for every package that I created, at instalation time, I get the
> > > following error (on Debian Stable and also on Debian Unstable):
>
> > I have to mention also that I created the package with ar (the version
> > from debian). I put together a debian_binary, a control.tar.gz and a
> > data.tar.gz with something like this:
> >
> > ar cr foo-1.1.3-4.deb debian_binary control.tar.gz data.tar.gz
>
> That is known to chope apt, as the gnu-ar produces filenames with a
> trailing '/' and has a translation table at the end.

You are right, I switched my script from creating the deb with ar to
create the deb with dpkg-deb, and now the warning is gone.

That was it! Thanks everybody for the help, now it works ok.

--
Mugurel Tudor (mugurelu@go.ro)
Linux Registered User: 212231