Re: RFS: anagramarama - fast paced anagram puzzle game using SDL

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 14:27 +0100, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 07:53:06AM -0500, Ryan Stutsman wrote:
> > Any takers?  It's a very simple package.
>
> Didn't you think about splitting it to two packages?
> Consider that Debian supports 11 archs right now.

I have considered it; however, the reason for the size is because of a
couple of BMP files I'm hoping to have them convert to PNG files
upstream which should cut down significantly.

After looking at it more I found not all of the images in the source
directory are used in the code so I removed them from the make install
which knocks the file down to under 200 KB.

Once I am sure of what the intentions are for the next release upstream
I will decide whether to split the package or not.  It's possible I
could get the package to be even smaller working with the authors a bit.

> Your package is 800k big.
>
> 11 * 800k = 8,8M
>
> Using one binary dependent package + one independent that would be:
>
> 11 * 30k + 770k = ~ 1MB
>
> I know it's not very much, but Debian's archives are very big and overloaded,
> and we should search for savings everywhere ;)
>
> Also remove your README.Debian file, cause it is not saying anything
> interested and related to Debian.

This is done.

> regards
> fEnIo

Thanks for taking the time to look at it and for the suggestions.
Please take another look if time allows!

Ryan