Re: Dependencies on unofficial packages?

Michael Schultheiss wrote on 14/01/2005 15:28:
Package: gallery
Version: 1.4.4-pl4-7
Severity: normal

php4 | php4-cgi | libapache2-mod-php4 | php5 | php5-cgi | libapache2-mod-php5
----- End forwarded message -----
I'm inclined to tag this bug wontfix since there aren't any php5
packages in Debian at the moment.  Should I add unofficial packages to
the dependency possibilities?

I would be inclined to resolve this (IMHO wishlist) bug. Since there undoubtably will be php5 packages in debian some (hopefully not too distant) day, it IMHO wouldn't hurt to add them as a possibility now (i.e. with the next regular update of gallery). I don't think it would warrant an upload on its own.

IANADD though.

cu,
sven