Re: Daemon Programming

Hans-Georg Bork:   I have already tried the S99my_serverd change, but
it doesnt work.

J.A. Bezemer: I have tried the ./yourprog </dev/null >/dev/null
2>/dev/null  and the program dies, I cant see with a ps ax

Clare Jarvis: The program should listen to a port, and a client
program will send a string, and this string will be used by an
external program. The program is made in C.

Here is the code: http://rafb.net/paste/results/vkgCRD46.html

and here too: http://mezcal.fi-p.unam.mx/~sergio/programas/say_serverd.c

The daemonize function is from a tutorial of how to make a daemon.
(http://www.enderunix.org/docs/eng/daemon.php )

Thanks for your help

Sincerely,

Sergio Cuéllar Valdés