Re: new maintainership

Nico Golde <nico@ngolde.de> schrieb:

> hi,
> i hope i can begin my new maintainership in the next time.
> i have one question before i start.
> the questions of the application manager are in english.
>
> if it is a german am, is it allowed to answer in german or
> is it necessary to answer in english because of a
> documentation of the maintainership?

I don't think these mails are archived centrally anywhere. However,
Debian is essentially an english-speaking community. If you feel you
have problems communicating in english with your AM (who is usually some
friendly guy who is fond of teaching applicants new things, and who is
happy when one of his "sheep" get their account), then you should
consider if you won't have more severe problems when you get bug reports
about your packages, often from people who are *not* friendly and fond of
discussing with you, but are annoyed by what you did, seem to think you
are a bloody fool, or expect you to act as a support helpline for free
and read them the docs. You can't answer their mails in german.

Schöne Grüße, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich