Re: package xsok

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 01:03:54PM +0100, Erik Schanze wrote:
> Carlos Parra Camargo <carlospc@gmail.com>:
> > I wasn't sure what i should have to write at changelog...
> >
> Really? Did you read New Maintainer Guide and other documentation for package
> creation?
> - you should close your IFA bug report (You retitled the orphan bug report,
>   didn't you?)

ITA. See http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp

If Carlos only wants to do a QA upload, he should not do so, and simply
upload with maintainer set to 'Debian QA group
<packages@qa.debian.org>', as Carlos did AFAICS.

> - you should introduce you as zhe new maintainer
> - you should list closed bugs if you have fix any.

Well, you need to list the changes you did, annotated with bug numbers
if any of those changes do fix a bug. You should _not_ just list closed
bugs.

> > The  last version is 1.02-12, if this is a NMU it should be
> > 1.02-12.1 or it should be a new revision so the number would be
> > 1.02-13?

QA uploads are a bit special: anyone can do them without being listed as
maintainer or uploaders, and it is always a maintainer upload (for the
purpose of this upload, you're doing QA work, so you're one of
packages@qa.debian.org then).

Version number should be regular then, so 1.02-13. An orphaned package
can never recieve a NMU.

> Sponsored NMUs are discouraged, so mostly DDs do NMUs.

True, but suggesting a NMU can be done, and QA uploads can also be
sponsored fine IMHO, although in most cases, it isn't worth the effort:
it's less time to do the change oneself, being a DD, than to sponsor
someone doing it.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar