Re: About creating .deb packages

TIFR students <hbcsestuds@yahoo.com> schrieb:

> We would like to know which files are absolutely necessary for creating .deb package (assuming u have all the source
> files needed).
> We know about control file,changelog,rules,conffile, n scripts like postrm,prerm,preinst,postinst.
>
> We have an idea of contents of a control file.But what is to be contained in the scripts ?
> Are rules,changelog and conffile necessary??

Have you read the new maintainers guide at

file:///usr/share/doc/maint-guide/maint-guide.html/index.html

and the appendices of the Debian Policy?

Also, the manpages pointed out by Matthew are helpful. And you should
take some existing Debian *.deb and do

ar x $filename.deb

on it. Basically, you just need a data.tar.gz and a control.tar.gz with
a control file in it (I'm not sure about md5sums).

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich