Re: sorting through xlibs-dev dependencies?

Thanks Jeroen and all others who have answered :)

I'll have a go at the ideas you suggested and see how far I get with it...

d) Tell Frank to not be so annoying, since the advantage (a bit less
   build-deps needed during build time, but no differences in the
   resulting .debs) does not outweight the possible issues you're
   introducing now or in the future by making a mistake here, nor the
   excessive amount of time it takes doing this right... ;-)

That suggestion has particular appeal ;) But I guess it would break the "rules" for NM <sigh>. Better just go do what my AM says to do...

Thanks again,

Helen.