Pointers for packaging appreciated (icecream)

I am trying to package icecream (the distributed compiler written in the
KDE project):

 Package: icecc
 Section: devel
 Installed-Size: 568
 Maintainer: Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org>
 Architecture: i386
 Version: 0.6-1
 Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4), libgcc1 (>= 1:3.4.1-3), libstdc++5 (>= 1:3.3.4-1)
 Filename: ./icecc_0.6-1_i386.deb
 Size: 172768
 MD5sum: 015b9c6e45f2542cc3920b167da36a4c
  Icecream is created by SUSE and is based on ideas and code by distcc. Like
  distcc it takes compile jobs from your (KDE) build and distributes it to
  remote machines allowing a parallel build on several machines you've got. But
  unlike distcc Icecream uses a central server that schedules the compile jobs
  to the fastest free server and is as this dynamic. This advantage pays off
  mostly for shared computers, if you're the only user on a set of machines, you
  have full control over them anyway.
  .
  http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=icecream

I still haven't filed an ITP for it, but I am planning to. For now I
would really appreciate some help with the packaging:

 1. The original package doesn't have any manpages. Rather than writing
    my own right now I'd like to (temporarily) use the 'undocumented'
    man page. How do I do that?

 2. How do I handle the cache directory it uses? Currently I only
    create it at install, but don't remove it afterwards. I don't want
    to remove it in case of an upgrade, only with an actual remove.

 3. The monitor is a KDE app. I don't use KDE myself (and I have no real
    interest in digging any deeper into it). Instead of heavily
    modifying makefiles to exclude it at build time I opted to put it in
    a separate package. I'd really like some feedback on that package
    (I don't even know if it works).

 4. I renamed the package from icecream to icecc since the package
    icecream already exists in Debian. I've written something about it
    in the README.Debian, is this a good way of handling it?

 5. I would love if someone who has access to some serious machines
    would install and try it out. I only have tried on three single-CPU
    machines so far, it'd be nice to get confirmation that it works
    properly also for larger setups.

I know this is a lot to ask for, and I'll be thankful for any little tip
or pointer that is passed my way.

The package can be downloaded from http://magnus.therning.org/apt by
putting the following two lines in /etc/apt/sources.list you can use
apt-get to download it:

 deb http://magnus.therning.org/apt ./
 deb-src http://magnus.therning.org/apt ./

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

Proprietary software developers are all doing something wrong, but this
doesn't mean they are all incompetent.
        -- Richard M. Stallman