Re: Introducing myself and my package

Hello Miriam, hello list!

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 12:41:58AM +0100, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> [...]
> One of them is almost finished. It's called
> xdesktopwaves, and its upstream web page is
> http://xdesktopwaves.sourceforge.net/. It's a pure X11
> toy that draws moving water waves in the desktop. You
> can see some screenshots in that page. xdesktopwaves
> is distributed under the GNU General Public License.

There is a RFP filed at <http://bugs.debian.org/282153>. In order to
prevent duplicated effort in packaging, please retitle the bugreport
as your packaging seems to be quite advanced, see
<http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#howto-rfp> for details.

BTW, the name "X Windows" is deprecated, see for example
<http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-desc-basics>,
additionally you might want to consider the upstream homepage to the
long description as well, see the rest of the Best Packaging Practices
for reference.

> [...]
> In case you're interested, you can get the package
> from  https://baby.yi.org:8000/debian/xdesktopwaves/

Hm, the server certificate was only valid until 2002-12-20.

I see there is an empty .dsc.asc on this page. If you want to provide
a signature this can easily be done using debsign from the devscripts
package.

Previously I was thinking about possibly packaging this useless, but
funny toy myself, but now I believe it is in good hands. :)
I recommend this for sponsoring, but cannot do it myself as I'm no
developer.

Cheers,
Flo