Package split/merge advice

Hi, I'm the maintainer of torcs[0], a car racing game. Initially
I've made four -data packages, one is the base data files, and the
others are for -tracks and -cars. Due some filled bugs I've
discovered that it needs another -cars package to have the full enjoy
of all game's features.

My question is if it's worth to make a new package for it as
upstream provides, or it would be better to have only two packages,
say one for -tracks and other for -cars, besides the base -data.

I don't want to have a package for every upstream data file which is
DFSG free. So I'm strongly considering to merge these and work that
way. I'd like to receive advices about the matter.

thanks,
Rudy

0- http://torcs.org

  | Somos libres, seamoslo con software libre      * http://debian.org |
  | http://www.apesol.org.pe         -*-         http://stone-head.org |
  | GPG FP: 0D12 8537 607E 2DF5 4EFB  35A7 550F 1A00 3433 BD21         |