Re: Package Maintainer Mentor Wanted

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 09:26:18PM -0500, Ryan Stutsman wrote:
> I am interesting in getting involved with Debian likely by maintaining
> an orphaned package.  I don't have a particular one in mind, but I would
> like to get up to speed first.
>
> If anyone would be willing to show me the ropes and help me work toward
> Developer status that would be fantastic.
>
> Get in touch with me if you are willing to help or have any instruction
> in general for me.

Just ask on this list.  Then if other people have the same problem, they can
just use the information already provided.  Also, if one person doesn't have
the answer to your problem, other people on the list can pipe up with good
and they're almost always too busy to answer questions...

If there's anything that you're *really* not keen on putting to the list,
you can e-mail me privately, but I can't guarantee that I won't tell you to
ask the list instead.  <g>

- Matt