Strange problem, symlinks and parent dirs

Hi folks!
I don't know if I'm missing something (if so please don't blame me) but
I think there is something wrong with symlinks and parent dirs.

Here an example:

$ pwd
/home/kobold
$ mkdir -p dir1/dir2
$ touch dir1/dir2/file
$ ln -s dir1/dir2 dir2
$ cd dir2
$ pwd
/home/kobold/dir2
$ mv file ..

The file is moved into /home/kobold/dir1 instead of /home/kobold
Is this right? IMHO it's confusing for the user. If pwd returns
"/home/kobold/dir2", .. should be resolved as "/home/kobold".

Thanks for your attention,
Fabio