package name conventions?

Hello all,

I'm finishing a package for PStreams (pstreams.sf.net), and the name I
gave at first for the package was "pstreams". But maybe the correct name
should be "libpstreams".

Well, PStreams is in fact a library, in the sense it's a set of reusable
code. But since it's implemented as C++ templated classes, there will
not be, AFAICS, a shared library, say, libpstreams.so, only a(some) C++
header file(s).

I couldn't find written package naming conventions, so: what do you
think? Is a package named lib* supposed to contain a shared library, or
it could contain a library in the generic sense, not necessarily
implemented as shared objects?

We have, for example, the same kind of package already in Debian, named
both ways:

blitz++ - C++ template class library for scientific computing
libfactory++-dev - C++ template factory framework

Regards,

--
Antonio S. de A. Terceiro <asaterceiro@inf.ufrgs.br>
http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~asaterceiro