Re: RFS: pstreams -- A C++ IOStream interface to POSIX Process I/O

martin f krafft escreveu isso aí:
> also sprach Antonio S. de A. Terceiro <asaterceiro@inf.ufrgs.br> [2004.10.31.1955 +0100]:
> > I'm looking for someone for sponsor this package.
>
> I could conceive sponsoring you. However, is this your first
> package? If yes, then I would ask you to first find two or three
> other packages to get a good understanding of packaging. Libraries
> are among the hardest thing to get right. Alternatively, convince
> us that you know what you are doing.

I've "playing" with packaging form some time, and this is in fact one of
my first packages. Other was nettoe (that I've adopted but no one seems
to be interested in sponsoring, since I got no replies to the RFS).

But, although this package is a library, it's a kind of library that
doesn't involve all complexity as other libraries: since it's a C++
templated library, it only needs to install a header file (and
documentation, manpages etc).

There are no shared objects involved, that -- I think -- is what makes
packaging regular libraries so difficult, with versioning, symbolic
links, symbols in shared objects etc.

So, AFAIAK, I do know what I'm doing. ;-)

Regards,

--
Antonio S. de A. Terceiro <asaterceiro@inf.ufrgs.br>
http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~asaterceiro