Re: Debugging a strange dpkg error message

Matt Brubeck <mbrubeck@cs.hmc.edu> schrieb:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>
>> mkdir: cannot create directory `': No such file or directory
>> dpkg: error processing
>> /var/cache/apt/archives/tetex-extra_2.96.5.20040711-4_all.deb
>> (--install):
>>  subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
>
> It looks like mkdir is getting called with an empty filename (in your
> preinst?).

Yes, thank you. I found it out myself meanwhile. I am still puzzled why
I don't get a message from dpkg that the preinst script failed, like it
happens with the postinst or postrm.

> Is the source package available somewhere?

Not yet, but I will upload it to http://people.debian.org/~frank in a
couple of days (maybe even tonight) and announce on
debian-tetex-maint@l.d.o.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster