Lintian warnings questions

I am working on packaging schooltool/bell (ITP#263088) for debian at the
request of upstream (RFS coming in a few days).

Basically I have 2 questions about some Lintian warnings:
W: schoolbell: image-file-in-usr-lib usr/lib/schoolbell/schooltool/browser/www/user2.png

There are about 10 of these png files that shouldn't be there. Upstream
knows about this and will eventually get round to it. Can the package
still be accepted even with these errors?

W: schoolbell: script-not-executable ./usr/lib/schoolbell/zope/tal/talgettext.py

There are also about 10 of these, caused by a #! sequence at the start
of a file not marked executable. But these are not intended to be run.
Would it be best to simply patch the offending #!... out of existence?

--
Brian Sutherland

"There has got to be more to life than just being really,
really, really, ridiculously good-looking." -- Derek Zoolander