Re: Need sponsor for packages python-irclib and jabber-irc

В сообщении от Вторник 24 Август 2004 14:37 вы написали:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 08:47:36AM +0400, Alexey Nezhdanov wrote:
> >At 23 Aug 2004, 09:30 Alexey Nezhdanov wrote:
> >>I have prepared new version of python-irclib (I'm maintainer of it). It
> >>contains small modification to allow jabber-irc package work better.
>
> Please add the following line to debian/copyright [6][7]:
>
> Copyright (C) 1999--2002  Joel Rosdahl
Done with one exception: project registered on sf in 2001 and last release
came out in 2004, hence the dates shift: 2001-2004.

> >>The jabber-irc is the new package and it is not in Debian archive yet.
>
> Please add the following line to debian/copyright [6][7]:
>
> Jan 2004 Copyright (c) Mike Albon
Added line:
Copyrigth (C) Mike Albon 2004

> Also, for both python-irclib and jabber-irc include the upstream
> homepage in the description in debian/control [8][9].
Homepages added for both packages.

> [6] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/12/msg00007.html
> [7] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/12/msg00194.html
> [8] http://people.debian.org/~walters/descriptions.html
Can't find what is wrong with this particular descriptions.
python-irclib targeted for code developers and contain good description of
it's purpose IMHO.
jabber-irc targeted for jabber server admins and contains enough information
to recognise it properly. Description contains explicit clause that this
package is of no use for regular users.
> [9]
> http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.
>html#s-bpp-upstream-info
>
> >>This is the IRC-transport for jabber server. It is written in python
> >> basing on the libraries python-xmpp (that I'm the maintainer too) and
> >>python-irclib.
> >
> >I have uploaded the source packages here:
> >http://www.penza-gsm.ru/snake/xmpp/
New versions is uploaded to the same place.

--
Respectfully
Alexey Nezhdanov