Re: irda-utils: howto dist-upgrade when package name has changed?

Sebastian Henschel <shensche@debian.org> schrieb:

> hello list...
>
> i am the maintainer of irda-utils which recently got this bug filed
> against it:
>
> the fix suggested there does not work.
> the problem is that the package(s) in stable are called irda-tools and
> irda-common and the current version is called irda-utils. when doing a
> dist-ugprade from stable to unstable, irda-tools and irda-common are
> not replaced automatically by irda-utils. how can i handle this?
> irda-utils defines:
>
> Replaces: irda-common, irda-tools
> Provides: irda-tools
> Conflicts: irda-common, irda-tools
>
> but that does not seem to suffice. is a pseudo-package irda-tools
> necessary which depends on irda-utils?

I think it can be done with Replaces/Provides/Conflicts.

- Did you try with "Provides: irda-common, irda-tools"

- What does apt say if you do the dist-upgrade from woody to sid/sarge
  with /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10debug containing

Debug
{
  pkgProblemResolver "true";
  pkgAcquire "false";
  pkgAcquire::Worker "false";
  pkgDPkgPM "false";
  pkgOrderList "false";

  pkgInitialize "false";   // This one will dump the configuration space
  NoLocking "false";
  Acquire::Ftp "false";    // Show ftp command traffic
  Acquire::Http "false";   // Show http command traffic
  aptcdrom "false";        // Show found package files
}

Regards, Frank

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie