Re: RFD: take over packages

>    I was writing to Ivo Timmermans[1] that I would like to continue with some
>   of his packages, as he has not updated them for a while. They are music
>   players (mean: binary, libs) for C64 music formats, ie: SID emulator.
>   He said it is OK for him, but when I have updated the packages, fixed bugs,
>   uploaded to mentors.debian.net, I have lost contact with him. In this
>   scenario, given the facts that Sarge is coming, and I have fixed FTBFS
>   bugs with gcc 3.4, would it be a good reason to ask an other DD to
>   upload the packages? I do not want to hijack them, but I don't want to
>   sit tight and just see that the packages are not fixed for Sarge. :(
>   What do mentors think about this?
>
>   Thanks,
>   Laszlo/GCS
>   [1] ivo@debian.org

If Ivo gave you explicit permission to do this and isn't responding,
you are within your right to ask someone else to sponsor the uploads,
but you should keep Ivo in the loop.  If something is about to happen
that he objects to, he can take some action.  I think this is a good
general rule, but I have done this specifically with packages
maintained by Ivo and in my experience, although unresponsive at
times, he is supportive and good to work with.

--Jay