Re: Debian Packaging Question

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 12:33:44PM -0600, Amr Nasr wrote:
>hi all ,

>I have read the debian Maintainers' Guide for Creating debian Packages
>and i was following it for creation of the package and then when i run
>*dh_make* according to the instructions i get errors related to the
>Makefile that i have modified as i am trying to install a script and
>get it executed immediately during installation that's why i made the
>Perl Script ipcalc executable and also the make file and when running
>that command i get the following errors:

>{
>make install DESTDIR=opt/ipcalc/
>make[1]: Entering directory
>`/home/amr/Projects/Project2-Debian-Packages/Procedure/ipcalc-0.35'
>Makefile:18: *** missing separator (did you mean TAB instead of 8
>spaces?).  Stop.
>make[1]: Leaving directory
>`/home/amr/Projects/Project2-Debian-Packages/Procedure/ipcalc-0.35'
>make: *** [install] Error 2
>}

make is a little picky about the lines in a makefile. The indentation
should be made using tabs. You seem to have a line that's indented using
spaces... change that and you should be fine.

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

The network is a stochastic synchronicity generator.
     -- Christopher Locke