Re: preinst, postinst, etc

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 02:05:52PM +0200, Ashraf Emawi wrote:
> hi all,
> i try to build debian-package of a small programm, and i used dh_make to
> get some help. under the directory DEBIAN/ i got files like rules,
> copyright, preinst.ex, postinst.ex, etc... after building package and
> when i try to install my package, preinstall and postinstall will not be
> used, can you help me please, and say how can i use the both scripts in
> my package.

The preinst and postinst scripts need to have the .ex removed from their
names before they will be recognised by the package build system.

That holds for all the files generated by dh_make -- any .ex or .EX or ex.
or whatever prefixes/suffixes need to be removed before the file will
actually be recognised.

- Matt