Re: getting packages to rebuild

Jay Berkenbilt wrote:

> > > Yes, it seems the most recent arm build failed, but yet the
> > > current icu28 (2.8-3) is in testing.
> >
> > In testing but not in unstable for arm? Or in testing without arm
> > support?
>
> Hmm.  In testing and unstable without arm support.  How does this
> happen?

The testing migration scripts require packages to build only on
"previously supported" architectures.  If there has never been a version
of icu28 for arm in testing, then a missing arm binary will not delay
its migration.

> > Ask the buildd admins since its not on the global list.
>
> And how would I go about asking the buildd admins?  Is there a list
> for this?

Use $ARCH@buildd.debian.org (e.g. arm@buildd.debian.org).

Some of the port-specific pages have more information about the buildds:

  http://www.debian.org/ports/arm/

> Sorry if I'm being thick-headed about this, but this seems to be one
> area where documentation is (uncharacteristically) sparse.

Also, the documentation that does exist is spread out in a lot of
places.  Gathering the existing resources together somewhere like
buildd.debian.org would be a nice start, or adding to section 5.10 in
the developer reference...