how buildd's work?

Hi,

 I contributed a very small amount to the subversion package. What I see
from packages.qa.debian.org is that building it on alpha and other archs
are failed as the newest apache2 cause trouble with the dependencies.
The problem is that apache2 has an arch=all part, and arch=any ones as
well; the arch=all part installed for the subversion dependency, but the
arch=any parts are not available. Looking into apache2 build logs, I see
on alpha and other archs it is not even tried to build. How that can
happen if apache2 uploaded a day earlier than subversion, however
apache2 is not even tried to build, but subversion is tried?
 If I would be a Debian Developer, what I could do to resolve such
situations (I mean for example to force the apache2 build)?

Thanks,
Laszlo/GCS