two new packages, one depends upon the other

Suppose I have two packages: A and B where B depends and build depends
upon A.  Neither package has been uploaded before.  I can easily build
A in pbuilder using pdebuild, but I can't do the same with B because B
build depends upon A and A is not in the archive (thereby causing
pbuilder-satisfydepends to fail).  I have gotten around this by using
pbuilder login, installing A's debs manually, running
pbuilder-satisfydepends, and then run dpkg-buildpackage, but I'm
wondering whether there is a better/usual way to do this.  Any
suggestions would be welcome.

Also, when A and B are ready to be uploaded into unstable, I am
assuming that, as long as A is uploaded first, there's no reason not
to upload them together.  Of course, B won't be able to built from
source until its build dependencies can be satisfied, which won't
happen until A is built.  Would it be useful to wait a few days
between uploading A and B?  If B fails to build from source, is it
the case that manual intervention is then required to get it to retry,
or does this happen automatically?  Thanks again for any
clarification.

The actual situation is a set of development libraries and
command-line tools in one source package that creates four binary
packages (runtime, dev, doc, and tools) and then a separate graphical
front end that depends on the runtime and build-depends on the dev.

I'll be posting an RFS for these packages probably within the next day
or so.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
http://www.ql.org/q/