Re: How to retire a bug tagged wontfix,woody?

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 03:03:31PM +0200, Kevin Glynn wrote:
> I am the (new) maintainer for mozart. I have one Serious bug
> outstanding:
>
>    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=mozart).
>
> The bug was tagged wontfix, woody.  The bug has been fixed in versions
> later than woody.  What should I do? Will this just hang around
> forever?
[...]

Basically that is up to you as maintainer. Having open bugs in the BTS
tagged woody that you are not going to fix only serves one purpose:
documentation. If you do not think this is necessary close it.

Personally, for this specific bug I'd keep it open just a little bit
longer until sarge is released.
              cu andreas