Re: dpkg and a symlink that gets a directory

I think what you want is described in the "dpkg programmers manual":

	A directory will never be replaced by a symbolic links to a
	directory or vice versa; instead, the existing state (symlink or
	not) will be left alone and dpkg will follow the symlink if
	there is one.

So, the symlink needs to exist _before_ the unpack takes place.  I
solved this in a similar package with iraf-dev Pre-Depends on iraf.
iraf contains the symlink, and this prevents iraf-dev from being
unpacked until iraf is unpacked, and the symlink is in place.

--
Justin
apt-get install iraf saods9 eclipse xpa sextractor latex-astro wcstools pyraf