Re: package with more than one license: logwatch

Willi Mann <willi@wm1.at> wrote:

For the general problems associated with different licenses in one
package, you might find a look at http://bugs.debian.org/218105
informative. (Although I hope that your package isn't as mixed as
ours).

> I can think of these solutions for 2:
>
> - Distribute the debianized version under GPL.

I think you can't do that, if some parts are under X11 license.

> - Change the copyright file to say that most of logwatch is
> distributed under X11, but some parts are GPL.

That's the way to go. Of course you have to make sure that this is
legally possible at all (is any linking done?).

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie