Re: Seeking sponsor for Emilda and related packages

David Everly <deckrider@myrealbox.com> writes:

> Oddly, I'm seeing lintian issues with perl documentation when building
> these on sarge, such as the following:

> W: libnet-z3950-perl: manpage-section-mismatch usr/share/man/man3/Net::Z3950::Connection.3pm.gz:132 3pm != 3
> I: libnet-z3950-perl: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man3/Net::Z3950::Connection.3pm.gz:238

> It appears this happens during the pod2man conversion.  I know how to
> fix this after the conversion, but how to fix earlier in the process?

There is an open bug about this against Perl and an argument about whether
it's a Perl bug or a policy bug (since policy wants something else).  It's
not possible to fix this before the conversion; the offending assumption
is hard-coded deep inside ExtUtils::MakeMaker and would need a patch to
Perl to fix properly.

I'd appreciate any recommendations on dealing with this myself, as I'm
running into this in several packages I'm working on.  For the time being,
I've just been ignoring it, but I'm not sure if that's correct.