Re: apt doesn't handle properly the depends field or I'm missing something?

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 08:03:51PM +0200, Fabio Tranchitella wrote:

> But why nobody has yet taken care about it? There is a patch
> which (maybe) fix the bug without any answer from the maintainers.

If you are interested in seeing this (minor) bug fixed, helpful actions
include:

- Applying the patch and testing whether it fixes the problem in all cases
  that it should

- Testing further for the many possible regressions

- Sending your findings to the BTS

- Testing whether the change requires modifications to other apt frontends,
  and modifying them appropriately

I hope that this answers your question and makes it easier for you to
help fix this bug, which is apparently important to you.

--
 - mdz