Re: Silly question about man page

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 08:34:12AM -0400, Nathaniel W. Turner wrote:
> On Thursday 22 July 2004 10:39 pm, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > FYI, dh_installman is, by default, commented out in debian/rules, if you
> > use dh_make to create debian/.
>
> <cdbs-plug>
> But why on earth would anyone use dh_make when we have cdbs?  ;-)
> </cdbs-plug>

I avoid dh_make (debhelper code is easy to write), but in general I
prefer systems with fewer build-dependencies to systems with more
build-dependencies. In particular, many of my users find it very helpful
if all the build-dependencies are in stable.

debhelper is well enough deployed now that that build-dependency isn't a
problem, and I find that it enhances readability enough over plain
dpkg-dev that it's worth it. I tend to find it very hard to work out
what a cdbs package is really doing behind the scenes, though.

Cheers,