RFS: astronomy software

Greetings,

I come bearing offerings of packages.  I have a repository at [1], which
includes a several powerful packages for astronomy.

For the moment, the packages I wish to be considered are as follows:

pport - Description: Control appliances with the parallel port
 pport allows arbitrary devices to be controlled through the parallel
 port.  It sends a signal such that an electrical relay can control the
 power to the device.

xpa - Description: Messaging system for interprocess communication
 The XPA messaging system provides seamless communication between many
 kinds of Unix programs, including X programs and Tcl/Tk programs.  It
 also provides an easy way for users to communicate with XPA-enabled
 programs by executing XPA client commands in the shell or by utilizing
 such commands in scripts.  Because XPA works both at the programming
 level and the shell level, it is a powerful tool for unifying any
 analysis environment: users and programmers have great flexibility in
 choosing the best level or levels at which to access XPA services, and
 client access can be extended or modified easily at any time.
 .
 XPA is useful to display an image in an already running DS9 imtool.

sextractor - Astronomical source extractor
 Sextractor finds sources (like stars) in astronomical images.  Its
 really good and finding faint stuff, much better than daofind.

Each is GPL.

sextracter was packaged before and removed at some point - "Never
included in a stable release".  I repackaged from scratch, and I've
since been in contact with Florian, who updated to a new upstream
version in March.

I haven't run lintian on the others yet, or they have significant TODO
that I'd like to finish first.

I'd also like to mention that I have .debs of IRAF at
ftp://iraf.noao.edu/contrib/debian/.  License problems will likely
prohibit IRAF in main (or even nonfree, as the maintainers of the
library with the troublesome license have been unresponsive).  NOAO is
hosting them on their site, which is legal (they alone have
redistribution rights).  I think this is a fair compromise.

All packages are apt-get -able and apt-get source -able.

So, please contact me with questions, comments, criticisms, and,
hopefully, offers of sponsorship.

Thanks,
Justin